Lifecycle management of IT assets and infrastructure
ALMA is a comprehensive asset management system mastering the various entities of the IT world, component areas of architecture and their interdependencies. It combines in a smart way the management of data and documentation usually scattered between multiple locations and maintained by several different actors. ALMA’s dynamic and structured data model is easy to maintain and update and data are easy to find there.
With ALMA, you can meet the requirements of Section 5 of the Act on Data Management in Public Administration (906/2019) on upkeep of the Data Management Model.
IT asset data management in one place
- Architecture management on different levels:
- Business, information, system, and technology architecture
- Servers, software and versions, responsibilities, reminders
- Networks and devices
- Remote connections
- Instructions and documentation
- Integrations and dependencies
- Administrators and support service responsibilities, their service levels and contact information
- A single, unified tool for administrators and developers.
- Improved overall management and clearer boundaries of responsibilities, which leads to drastic reduction in the vagueness of responsibilities among different actors.
- Changes can be planned in advance in a controlled manner.
- Software and application versions are visible in ALMA (for example, it is possible to detect a serious fault in some software version / trace all the locations where the version is being used).
- Management of system interdependencies (for example, if a certain program or server is shut down, which systems will be affected).
ALMA reduces disturbances and interruptions and accelerates the related recovery. This means different things in different fields: in industry, more production; in trade, functional cash registers; in hospitals, reliable operation of critical systems and patient safety.
ALMA also plays a decisive role in time management, since it helps to avoid needless effort when retrieving information. Based on studies, at worst, 70% of work time is spent on information retrieval.
ALMA’s IT solution can be enhanced
Is there a need for more detailed management?
With ALMA, system architecture, message transfer (Enterprise Application Integration description), data traffic network (Network), and configuration data (CMDB) can be managed in a centralised and database-based manner.